Answers to Basic Pool Questions
What is it?
Cloudy water is a hazy, murky appearance that is caused by introduction of suspended particles that are invisible to the naked eye. A similar analogy would be the particles in air that cause smoke. These impurities are introduced to the water from a myriad of environmental sources, even bathers and source water. Particles can intensify and cause water to cloud due to improper water balance, low sanitizer levels and/or lack of routine oxidation, poor filtration or inadequate circulation.
To fix chemical causes of cloudy water:
To fix equipment causes of cloudy water:
To prevent cloudy water:
- Add POLYSHEEN BLUE® or SUPER CLEAR TABS to your weekly maintenance routine to improve clarity and reduce contaminant levels
- Backwash filter when necessary
- Chemically clean filter every 4 months
- Replace filter media as directed
- Run pump at least 10-12 hours per day
- Maintain proper water balance
- Oxidize/Shock pool weekly to destroy contaminants*
*such as perspiration, suntan lotions, hair sprays, body oils, urine, pet dander, and cosmetics.