Pool water, equipment and surfaces can become discoloured due to contamination, sunlight and the presence of metals in pool water. Metals are often introduced into the water via source water, equipment (corrosion of heater parts), pool chemicals or other pool devices. Changes in water balance (usually from an increase in pH or application of a shock product) can cause the metals to become insoluble and allow them to drop onto the pool surface, resulting in staining.
Definition / Cause
Discolouration of pool equipment and surfaces caused by contamination, sunlight and metals in pool water.
To remove metal stains:
- The key to stain removal is identifying the stain, making it soluble again and removing it from the water
- Add Pool Magnet: Ties up metals in pool water
- Sparkle-Up®: Aids physical removal of metals through filter
To prevent metal stains
- Pool Magnet: Ties up metals in pool water
- Sparkle-Up: Aids physical removal of metals through filter
Do you have a problem that you don’t see listed?
Your local BioGuard Dealer can help you diagnose and solve your problem! Stop by with a water sample to get started.