Answers to Basic Pool Questions
Preparing your pool for Winter & Vacation
While on vacation, debris and bacteria can collect in your pool and upset the water balance. Consider a “vacation plan” to prevent problems so you can come home to a clear pool and not a messy surprise.
- Contact your BioGuard Dealer for a vacation maintenance plan. (Your dealer can give you instructions based on your specific BioGuard Programme.)
- Clean your pool thoroughly, brushing and vacuuming walls and floors.
- Test pool water and make sure it’s properly balanced. Anything that’s out of balance – total alkalinity, pH, stabilizer and calcium hardness – will likely get worse when left unattended.
- Run your pump at least eight to twelve hours a day to help prevent algae and bacteria growth.
- Upon returning, have your BioGuard Dealer perform a water analysis to ensure that your pool is properly balanced and ready for swimming.
Winter Pool Care
Caring for your pool during Winter is the most important thing you can do to make your spring pool opening as easy as possible.
- Protecting your pool surfaces and equipment.
- Keeping water looking its best all winter long.
- Saving money on extra maintenance when you open your pool.
Whether you completely cover your pool or just reduce maintenance, BioGuard can make winter pool care painless. Your BioGuard dealer can advise you on the best winter pool care programme for your pool.